National Fiber Network Reliability Report for April to June, 2020 attached.
Mobile Internet Connectivity Report for April-June 2020
The Government Data Center(GDC) knowledge transfer session on DevOps tools is currently being conducted remotely using Google Hangout Meet.
The participants are System Administrators from various government agencies. The 2 weeks (15th-27th June, 2020) knowledge transfer session concludes today.
BIRDS-3 project team from Kyushu Institute of Technology (Kyutech) has initiated a Short Messaging Service through their CubeSats to thank the COVID-19 Frontline Workers by broadcasting their names through satellite beacon. To know more details of this initiative click here.
Content of Issue No. 52
The 2019-2020 National website competition was conducted by the Department of IT and Telecom. The first round of the competition was held on October 2019 and final round was conducted on February 2020. A total of 129 websites were registered for the competition which included government agencies, autonomous agencies and private firms.
From the 129 websites, the Ministry of Works and Human Settlement (MoWHS) tops the website competition with overall score of 80.30 followed by the Ministry of Finance (MoF) with 79.73 and Election Commission of Bhutan (ECB) with 78.38.
Contents of Issue No. 51
1. UNISEC-Global receives major space award from Japan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs
2. The merits of being bi-lingual
3. Cultural message from the Gov’t of Japan
4. Graduation event of 25 March 2020
5. Congratulations to Marco and Adriana for getting married
6. Kyutech celebrates its 111th anniversary
7. Sending status of BIRDS-3 QSL cards
8. Information about ground stations
9. Arrival of three Zimbabwe engineers to join the BIRDS-5 Project
10. All the back issues of the APRSAF Newsletter
International girls in ICT day was celebrated on 23rd April this year.
Due to the pandemic situation, the department conducted the event online wherein participants were asked to use our social medial frame/filter created for the event.
They were asked to write how ICT impacts their lives.
Top 6 were selected as winners from around 46 participants and were awarded the prize.